Early Intervention Services provides information, education and support to families and their infants and young children with special needs in York Region. Children are served within the context of their family and community. We work in partnership with families and service providers with the aim of enhancing and reinforcing supports.
What types of services/support do we offer?
- Help in understanding your child’s growth and development,
- Provide intervention programs and teach children new skills,
- Screening and assessment,
- Provide occupational and physiotherapy consultation,
- Promote and support your child’s participation in a community child care program,
- Connect you with community resources, and
- Work closely with school board staff to facilitate a smooth transition to kindergarten.
Who is eligible for our services/support?
Children who are aged birth to school entry and live in York Region, and
- who are at risk due to prematurity, low birth weight or multiple birth,
- whose development is delayed,
- have a disability such as cerebral palsy, autism, Down Syndrome.